If your institution is not already a Jisc Collections member (HE, FE, or Research/UKRI), you will need to register as an Affiliate Member of Jisc Collections in order to use Licence subscriptions manager to subscribe to Jisc Collections negotiated agreements.
To be eligible for Affiliate Membership of Jisc Collections, an organisation must have been through our eligibility process confirming:
- They are a not-for-profit, non-commercial entity
- Are delivering not-for-profit research or a public service
- Do not require access to Jisc Collections licensed content for commercial purposes
- Their users meet the Definition of an Authorised User in the Jisc Model Licence
- They are able to provide a secure network and secure authentication for access to resources, such as access by UK Access Management Federation compliant technology and Internet Protocol ("IP") ranges
- They are able to ring-fence access to only authorised users of the licensed content
- Jisc has set up an account on Licence Subscriptions Manager as the ordering route
Non-academic affiliate members can include not for profit third sector bodies, some health providers and governmental organisations. These institutions must provide FTE information to Jisc relating to all relevant staff to establish a Jisc Band.
Academic affiliate members are institutions who aren't already Jisc HE or FE members, who are delivering an education service at level 3 and above above (England, Wales and Northern Ireland, or Scottish equivalency) or delivering primary not-for-profit research as the organisation's main purpose. These institutions must provide revenue information to Jisc for the last year and prior two years (if available) in order to establish a Jisc Band.
If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate Member of Jisc Collections please contact the Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been through the eligibility process and confirmed eligible:
Please login to Licence Subscriptions Manager and browse to the relevant membership catalogue page (Academic or Non-Academic). Select your package option(s), add the agreement to your basket, and click on the "Agree Terms" button at the checkout.
Your liability in any year is to pay the minimum annual Affiliate Membership service fee, which enables you to participate in up to three active Jisc Collections licence agreements.