This agreement allows Jisc Collections HE Members to benefit from Jisc Collections' Transnational education licensing service offer. This includes:
- Bringing efficiencies, transparency and consistency of terminologies to the sector through a single licensing approach (pdf)
- Representing an insurance policy for libraries providing licensed content to students as part of partnership agreements
- Being a source of fast track ad-hoc expert advice and guidance
- Providing iterative TNE licensing consortium negotiation with publishers
- Licensing content through agreements with publishers which address HE sector’s TNE requirements
- Providing fast track support to understand local TNE scenarios and outcomes
- Offering an audit of your current local offshore scenarios identifying areas of concern
- Enabling easy access to HESA aggregate offshore record data
- Providing access to confidential benchmarking data
- Letting you remain anonymous in publisher engagement
We will negotiate for Jisc Collections AAU Addendum agreements for main agreements coming up for renewal from 1 August 2020 and until 31 July 2021, adopting the established TNE Licensing Approach.
We will aim to successfully negotiate TNE licensing terms and conditions with publishers:
- For renewed, new and additional identified priority resources
- Utilising the TNE Licensing Approach
- Utilising the Jisc Model Licence AAU Addendum
Where publisher agreements are met, we shall make the details of the agreement and the AAU Addendum available to Participating Institutions via Licence Subscriptions Manager for ordering and licence acceptance:
- All publisher agreements are "opt-in". This means that the Participating Institution will decide whether it wants to accept the AAU Addendum and pay the AAU Fee according to the agreed business/pricing model.
- Maintaining a Jiscmail TNE Licensing List
- Monthly status reporting on TNE licensing publisher negotiations and other activities
- Annual online webinar for all Participating Institutions
- Promotion of the TNE Licensing Approach with librarians, publishers and stakeholders
NB: The TNE licensing service fee does not include bespoke consultancy/advice/negotiations e.g. involving undertaking specific licensing work for a particular library.
As a participant of the optional TNE licensing service and its consortium the Institution agrees to:
- Provide information to Jisc Collections about priority learning resources for overseas learners
- Support a common nomenclature to describe different categories of offshore users and partnership arrangements
- Provide details of authentication methods for learners located abroad
- Provide details of independent or collaborative provision abroad via a confidential survey and/or interview process, or as part of Jisc Collections negotiations.
How to participate
Please review the institutional participation agreement found in the Agreement Information section. To proceed and agree to the service terms and conditions, please add this agreement to your basket and click on the "Agree Terms" button at the checkout.