BBC Monitoring covers 180 countries, translates from over 100 languages and uses 2,800 local sources. As well as real-time reporting on unfolding stories, Monitoring utilises its cultural and linguistic understanding to provide detailed geo-political analysis.
- BBC Monitoring Portal - a database comprising real-time news updates from around the world, analytical reports and an extensive archive of geopolitical information dating back to 1996. The BBC Monitoring portal contains c.4 million stories and c.6,000 reports, as well as up-to-date government lists for all countries
- Terrorism Digest - a daily summary of reports regarding Jihadist and other terrorist activity, and counter-terrorism operations.
- Regional Roundups - weekly summaries of key events shaping the political and security landscape across five key regions, in North Africa, East Africa, West Africa, Central Africa and Central Asia
- Media Environment Guides - detailed and insightful reports on the media landscape (sources, levels of openness, key media players etc) within key countries
- Subscription for one region only: BBC Monitoring is offering subscriptions for individual regions of the world, as well as global subscriptions. These subscriptions include the reference material for the relevant region.
- Global subscription: the global subscription for BBC Monitoring's website includes all its reference material to its website (more than 500,000 biographies and profiles).
An option to purchase Media Guides is available, as individual pdfs or in bundles.
When placing your order, please select the option required. If you require multiple Regions or Media Environment Guides and not all Regions and Guides are required, please contact the publisher directly, as individual pricing varies.